Stay at Ooty Hotels for a Retreat from City Life


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Ooty
November 23rd 2015
Published: November 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Rolling grasslands, cascading waterfalls, fabulous trekking trails and pollution-free atmosphere make Ooty a retreat for holidaymakers. A town in the Nilgiris district of Tamil Nadu, this hill station is also known as Udhagamandalam. The serenity of this place has earned it the title of the Queen of Hill Stations, and brought it on the wish list of honeymooners and family vacationers alike. The increased influx of tourists has urged entrepreneurs to start new Ooty hotels with all modern conveniences. These properties are available in different categories, ranging from budget to premium. Hotel Lakeview is one such property that offers comfortable stay to tourists coming to this surreal hill town.

About the Accommodation

Spread across 8 acres of lush land on West Lake Road, Hotel Lakeview Ooty is around 10 minutes drive from the railway station. The property has 123 fully independent luxury cottages that come in Villa, Executive Suite, Suite and Deluxe categories. These elegantly designed cottages have private garden and open deck for guests to soak in the natural charm. The separate living cum dining and bedrooms make these guesthouses spacious.

The gastronomic needs of guests are taken care by the on-site restaurant – The Supper Club. From Continental to Chinese and Indian cuisines, it serves it all. Hotel Lakeview Ooty also arranges for sightseeing tours to Ooty Lake, Botanical Gardens, Sims Park, Doddabetta, Cog Wheel Heritage Train and more. Adding to the convenience are facilities like private car parking, Wi-Fi throughout the property, safe deposit lockers and currency exchange.

Attractions

Ooty Lake is among the most well-known tourist spots in the town. It is located close to the central bus stand and the railway station. This artificial lake was constructed by John Sullivan in 1824 by damming the mountain streams in the Ooty Valley. Tourists can enjoy boating at this placid lake from 8 am to 6 pm. There is also a small park near the eastern end of the lake that has a toy train and swings for children.

Other important attraction in Ooty is the Government Botanical Garden, spread across 22 hectares of land with a terraced layout. The garden was established in 1848 by the architect William Graham Mclvor. Dotted with colourful flower beds, ponds with lilies and a variety of medicinal plants and ferns, this botanical garden is laid out in Italian style. One occasion, wherein the garden attracts a large number of tourists is the Flower Show, which is held every year in the month of May. Flower Rangoli, Bonsai, Vegetable carving and Japanese flower arrangements are the major attractions of the Flower Show. Botanical Garden is also famous for Toda Hill or Toda Mund that gives tourists an insight into the original tribes of Ooty called as Todas.

Other famous attractions of the hill town are Stone House and the UNESCO-listed Nilgiri Mountain Railway. Many Ooty hotels are situated close to these points of interests in order to provide easy accessibility.

Therefore, people who want to take a break from their monotonous life can come to Ooty and delve in the scenic beauty.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb