1,2,3 spew!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Mamallapuram
April 4th 2005
Published: April 4th 2005
Edit Blog Post

One of the Five RathasOne of the Five RathasOne of the Five Rathas

Carved from sandstone, its amazing that these things are still in such pristine condition.
Oh dear!! The holiday was going so well until ... food poisoning stuck. The unfortunate victim in this case was my beautiful wife who we suspect was attacked by some marauding germies hiding in a samosa. The day went as follows.

It all started out bright and sunny. We woke up extra early and headed out to the first site - the Five Rathas. This was exquisite collection of rock carvings depicting Indian mythology and local animals. They quality and size of these carvings was amazing - considering their age, they looked amazing.

After this, we headed on to Arjunas Penance, another set of rock carvings this time done in the side of a cliff. Once again, we were amazed. These indians were obviously clever chaps, considering they carved these using simple rock tools - no electric tools in sight.

So the day was going well until .... blurk!!! The vomit starts. We were just wondering through the local shops, minding our own business when Melenie gets this pained look on her face. "Not feeling well. To the hotel - NOW!!". This was the setting for vomit number 1.

Vomit number 2 followed shortly when we were
Dogs live hereDogs live hereDogs live here

Yup, there was a dog living inside this national monument
traveling in a taxi back to Chennai. Thankfully I knew how to talk Tamil (the local language) so I was able to shout out to the driver 'Stop - shes going to chuck!' just seconds before she erupted.

Vomit number 3 was in the airport. Vomit numbers 4 and 5 were in the plane flying to our next destination Hyderabad. An impressive effort considering the flight was only 1 hour. So impressed was the airhostess that she gave us a stash of 8 airsick bags to take on our travels.

Thanfully that was the end of the vomit displays for the day. We figured Melenie needed some rest, so we headed to the hotel in Hyderabad and had an early night.






Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb