Vedanthangal Trip!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Chennai
January 9th 2010
Published: April 6th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Planning has not worked with both us most of time!!..So we do all thing when it clicks to anyone of us😊

That's how we did this weekend too. This was again a special weekend as be were in the celebrating our sweet 200th day staying together as Husband and Wife.

It all started as a normal Lazy, dizzy Saturday with having lots of Household plan ahead to do....We both were enjoying the non working day after 5 days of kid dish way of running to office!! After having our brunch at 11:30 AM..thinking whether to shop in the busy timing of Pongal,....feeling bored we suddenly thought will go to Vendhanthagal....!!!! With no preparations..even without having a Helmet, rain wear....with little charge in camera..with climate not certain when it will rain...we started our trip around 12:15 PM...With less traffic we started our journey and took NH-45....Villupuram route..filling the petrol to Bike....

It was nice drive through NH-45 with little slowdowns on the way bcoz of traffic..we had a little refreshment in Chengalpet...after having a cup of tea we continued our drive..driving slowing after chengalpet to find the way to Vendhanthagal...took right turn to find the a beautiful Village road way leading to the Bird Sanctuary...With a very nice drilling effect with all greenery fields ,the 13 KM road from NH-45 was awesome to enjoy and drive in 2-wheeler...we were enjoying the maximum in such situation with almost no traffic, away from smoky city routes in road...finding only tress...n small villages with people playing n found few monkeys on the way...Wondering whether there is really some birds in the Sanctuary as there was no birds apart from normal ones on our way...Finally a small left turn lead to the destination..Not much tourist was there...with some few shops selling guava, hot bajji, coconut...tea..We got the entry ticket for Rs 5 each n an extras Rs 25 for camera, which didn’t even last for taking more than 10 snaps due to very less charge!!!!!

Saw some ducks n paddy fields in the parking place...then we entered inside the sanctuary, it was filled with lots of migrant birds..with very low birds voice...that place was perfect to relax and for walking...with the whole place maintained still under natural ways not disturbing the birds way of living and no-commercial aspects as we can find in other tourist places...giving free view of the birds and explaining about those in free...After spending some handful of beautiful time seeing the nature and birds and walking for some time...we came out and had few bajji and bought guavas..n i started driving the vehicle and never stopped still we reached Thirumangalam covering 90 KMs in 1:30 Hrs.!!!!

Return was full of excitement after viewing the spot...and climate was even better with sun setting down slowly...riding in 60s with eating guava in one hand...ride was very cool..n people was looking us all the way for some reason!!

Ride became serious once i touched NH-45 with lots of vehicle flying in 100s...finding some place to having lunch, no mood to divert the riding we stopped the vehicle only after reaching Chennai with doing little U-turn drama in NH-45 to catch the Bangalore Highway from NH-45 as we always does…

Place Desc from our experiences:

Vendhanthagal a place nearly 80 KM away from Chennai filled with natural beauty with Migrating Birds coming from different parts of Australia, Bangladesh, Europe etc for a duration of around 4 to 6 months from Nov to March for developing there family....They come here as bunch with around 35 thousand and return to their home with their kids as 60 thousand. There are nearly 36 varieties of birds coming very year!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb