Back to Chennai and the Test Match


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Chennai
December 14th 2008
Published: December 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Chennai Cricket Stadium - Englan V India - Day 3 - Test match

OK, I must stress that I really don't know much about cricket but we had a little help from a colleague. People from work will recognise him and might even be surprise to see him in these photos. 😊 He was good enough to explain the rules, and there were many!

The day started off with India batting and within 10 minutes of arriving we saw the mighty Flintoff take two wickets! Get in! Happy days. England were up next to bat. And so the day proceeded with England leading by about 230 runs by the time we left and only 3 wickets down. Not bad.

As I said earlier, I'm not very clued up on cricket but it's hard not to enjoy yourself when you're surrounded by devouted Indian fans. The stadium was only at about 40% capacity, due to change of venue I'm guessing that could be the main factor for such a small turnout. Nevertheless, it was buzzing. Whenever an Indian player came cross to the crowd while they were fielding, the Indians were hysterical! Cheering and waving! It was incredible to see. Their spirit and love for the game was made apparent. These players are like heroes to them!

Enjoy the pictures, I have also uploaded vidoes so look for those!

Wed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb