Headed to Chennai


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Chennai
December 13th 2006
Published: January 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

SunriseSunriseSunrise

caught the sun just as it was rising....by sticking my arm out the window to capture the picture!
We woke up a little after 6am -- got up just in time to catch the sunrise, which was beautiful (the sky had cleared up). We had a wonderful breakfast: tea, egg masala, dosas, pineapple and thin banana slices covered in sweet coconut shreds (very tasty!) The trip back was quick, we got docked about 9:20am, and our driver was waiting to take us to the airport. I was worried about making our 12:05p flight. But our driver drove super fast to the airport, and we made it on time. We took a little prop plane over -- the propeller was right outside the window, which was a little scary!

The flight was about 1.5 hours, and they served us lunch on it!! I was amazed. And pretty good lunch for plane food at that (rice, chicken curry, dhal, pineapple/cucumber salad, and a dessert that tasted like whipped cream). At home we don't even get food on domestic 5+ hour flights. Score for Jet Air.

Arrived in Chennai (where my bag was FIRST off the plane!) and grabbed a pre-paid taxi to our hotel (Rohini International). We had some trouble checking in, but eventually they took us to our
MorningMorningMorning

morning on the backwaters.
room....which was this completely ghetto room. It was way creepier then any room we've stayed in (even the one in Delhi) and the bathroom was pretty disgusting. We weren't very happy with it, and we were trying to figure out what to do (since this was the hotel Karen's family booked fo us, and everyone else was staying there for the wedding too). Adam kind of expressed to Karen that he wasn't sure about the room though.

Found a phone recharge place nearby, and the Internet next door, and then Karen's Dad and Brother (Paul) came to see us. They got us moved into a MUCH nicer room. I felt very thankful and relieved. Paul had even brought us some toilet paper!

Afterwards we went to Karen's Parent's place for a bit while Karen was finishing up with Wedding fittings. Then the three of us went out to dinner. It was nice to see her, though she's completely distracted with wedding plans 😉
Took a very nice shower, and am ready for some sleep. Tomorrow we are clothes shopping and then going to Karen's Mehendi party in the evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

HouseboatHouseboat
Houseboat

our houseboat (the smaller one in the front...not the 2-decker behind us!)


Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0812s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb