"The Himalayas"day#2 "Zuluk"


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Sikkim » East Sikkim » Zuluk
April 18th 2017
Published: April 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

"The Himalayas"Day#2 •Zuluk•

As per the itinerary we were ready by 7.30am.The sky was cloudy & the driver was yet to come to pickup .However after loading all luggages we finally started for "Zuluk"at around 9 am from "Kushyem" home stay saying a good by to the Hostess.We finally reached "Rongli" after passing through scenic hills by 10am for making necessary passes for "Zuluk"


At "Rongli Taxi stand" a lot of tourists were there to get passes for different tourist destinations within Sikkim and it took almost one hour to get clearance for "Zuluk".


The entire journey from Rongli to Zuluk was full of scenic nature.


As if an artist has drawn it with his brush dipped in "different colours of paint".The hills around made a different feel and though the sky was over cast but it was worth getting down and click a picture for a lasting memory.At last we reached "Zuluk" at around 2 pm . Zuluk was so beautiful ? unless one sees one can't imagine it's true scenic beauty.


A group picture from the roof top where we got the home stay accommodations .
"Tin Roof Top Houses" ?gives a different look .It is still a virgin place not much explored and there are no "Hotels"yet but only "Stay Home"? arrangements here.


The entire place was full of scenic beauties and every one were happy posing before my Camera.


At around 8.00am on day#3, we started for "Baba Mandir" & "Nathang Valley" and on the way to "Nathang Valley" came across "The Silk Route".


it's an "old trading route" connecting India ,Tibet,China & Central Asia.It's always been a "dream shot" for every Photographer.
Beautiful landscape filled with snow on the way to "Baba Mandir".

View of "Kanchenjunga" Top was awesome in a crystal clear weather .Unless one sees it in his/her own eyes ?one can't imagine its scenic beauty in a clear Sunshine ☀️ day.

A herd of Yak being taken for grazing to still higher altitude by its owner came across our way.

Its a Beautiful click from "Nathang Valley" snow clad mountains.

Front view of "Baba Mandir"....

The legend says...

a soldier named "Baba Harbhajan Singh" during his posting at "Indo-Tibet Boarder"was lost (and yet not found) may be due to avalanche or something like that but soldiers of Indian Army still find his unseen presence "guarding Indo-China boarder" & it's really so strange.


One of my *Best Shots*of "Kanchenjunga" Top from "Kupup Valey".
We reached the beautiful "Elephant Lake" at "Tukla Valley" a lake at an altitude of about 14000ft from mean sea level.Every hill and Planes was full of snow and it was just awesome.

Click from Nathang Valley -snow clad mountains .

We reached the beautiful "Elephant Lake" at "Tukla Valley" a lake at an altitude of about 14000 ft from mean sea level.I can say it's name being Elephant Lake is worth because of it's shape.

This is the "Munna Stay Home" where we spent 2 nights which was inclusive of all amenities including food ?.We returned for lunch at Home Stay by 2.30 pm and spent the evening with camp fire ? and a lot of merry making. In the evening.


I would rather confess with my own words....

it is one of my "Best" •Views of Himalayas• ever done from any other place on the entire Himalayan range.

"Package Tour"of 3 nights & 4 days covering one night at "Kushyem" & 2 nights at "Zuluk" is most ideal for people with their busy lifestyle."Zuluk" is quite well approachable (hardly being 150 km away from Siliguri)in West Bengal.

How to reach there : One can book such trips with many combinations of places to stay through local travel & tours at Siliguri and all these informations are available these days on internet. Reaching Siliguri from any parts of India is easy through rail road or by air(Bagdogra Airport).


My special thanks to:-

Mr Santosh Kumar Mishra & Mr Goutam Bhaduri along with their families from (Siliguri) and my Brother-in-law Mr Devisankar Jena and his familiy for the necessary arrangements and company which made this journey a "memorable one".

Thanks for stopping by & I will be really happy if you get little more interactive by giving your comments.

Author:Siba


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0755s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb