D- Day + 45 India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan
September 6th 2009
Published: October 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Were back...... so after our early morning start we headed off to visit more temples and palaces and forts and shrines ect. We headed to the place we called the monkey temple. This temple was a deserted city that had been overtaken by moneys. Whether the people were forced out by the monkeys or they left voluntarily we never found out and to be honest didn’t really care. Craig was more concernd with adding to his photo album of animals rude bits. Lol

The nights are long in India when you dont have a t.v or air conditioning so me and craig try to entertain ourselves by playing cards, does anyone know a decent game for 2 people? please we have 1 game and its a little crap and getting really boring. You may notice in some of our photos that craig is wearing funny clothes. now i must point out that i did not force him he and he bought it himself out of free will. He probably wears this lovely white shirt in our photos from amber fort. The fort looks amazing from the outside, really beautiful and you can ride an elephant to reach the entrance on top of the hill, however we didnt as one of the elephants went bez the week before and seriouly injured an German couple, better to be safe than sorry, we have too much to experience before we go home.

For the next few days nothing to report only more temples, palaces, forts and shrines. Our next destination was Udaipur where we watched traditional Indian dancing from around the region. The girls were amazing but the main attraction was the lady who danced with 9 pots balanced on her head. The next moring we headed to a craft village where we experienced more local dancing and culture and dressed up in traditional clothing. Craig was the dominant Maharaja and i was the loving, obeying wife, so nothing like our real life roles, where craig is my bitch. hahaha, only kidding.

Another few days pass and we arrive at one of our favourite places in India, Jodhpur. We arrive at our hotel and i dnt like the cheapest room there and im nt happy so craig and the owner go for a little chat and we end up with the best room next to the pool. i dnt know what he did but i loved him for a whole ten minutes after that. The next few days consisted of sightseeing and kicking craigs ass in the swimming pool. On the sunday night we went for a nice meal at the hotel for craigs birthday, now he wouldnt let me celebrate until it was officially his birthday back in England, a true english man. His presents were two cadbury bars and a bottle of miranda. There was absolutly nothing to buy him in India nt even a card. Bless him. Now i must mention a very cheap and scrumtious eatery in Jodpur, goes by the name omlette man. he has a little store in the middle of a busy crossroads and his address is "near the clocktower" no number or street name but this. we had the best omlettes ever, and all for 15p. Craig doesnt even like omlettes yet he ate omlette mans and loved them.

Our last destination in India was jaisalmer. We got on the train in our first class sleeper and headed to the desert. The train stations are disgusting and it doesnt help that the trains are always late. There are a million flies and
Amber Fort elephantAmber Fort elephantAmber Fort elephant

The elephants were used to carry poeple up the steep hill to the fort!!
it stinks like pee pee. but it was all worth it to get to our destination. The next days were the gottest yet and with he electricity going off every morning from 8 til 11 we were forced to get up or sweat buckets in our beds. We relaxed for our last days in India and booked a sunset camel safari over the dunes for our last day in Jaisalmer. Now camels look small lying down but when they stand up they are huge. 2 hours back on the camel and i was done. walking like John Wayne. lol

We headed back to Delhi for our flight to Kathmandu.

Bye India!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

The Omelette ManThe Omelette Man
The Omelette Man

He had the cutest shop and was reallty nice and the omelettes were amazing!!
UdaipurUdaipur
Udaipur

This women balanced 9 pots on her head!!
Chaumukha Mandir TempleChaumukha Mandir Temple
Chaumukha Mandir Temple

Also known as the four faced Temple


Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb