Day 10- 2nd day in Udaipur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Udaipur
July 29th 2014
Published: August 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 10- Day 2 in Udaipur
Well that was a great night! Jude and I flopped in at about 6am. I awoke at about 9.30, and was up and about, feeling much better than I would have anticipated! I got Jude up too! We were done and dusted, abs in the restaurant have breakfast by 10am.
Baked beans on toast for me, a grill sandwich for Jude. We washed or food down with a glass if cold coffee.
We had a choice if sight seeing, or shopping; we went out shopping...... With vengeance! My first purchase was 2 pairs of shoes. I had my eye on the from arriving. A brown, and a black pair of plain camel leather tops and doles. They are flats, have pointy toes and a pointy design also up the foot.
My next purchase was a lovely tapestry/embroidered jacket;really unusual! I bought other bits and bobs that must caught my eye.Jude lost herself for ages in a jewellery shop. I could tell it was a big one for her. She was so excited!
I got my self comfortable, sat outside, whilst she enjoyed herself! Inside! She came out with loads of stuff. I must admit, I don't wear costume jewellery, but she had some lovely stuff! I'm not sure who was the happiest; Jude, or the shop guy! I think Jude broke the record with buying 6 pair of baggy pants !
We took a break to get coffee and a snack, before heading off to get our henna done. We returned to see the artist from the previous night to get it done. We were both suitably impressed with it when it was completed.
We returned to the hotel; we were definitely due a hangover nap!
We managed to get about an hours nap before meeting Ankur at 6pm to go for the cooking class. About 10 of us went. Most people had spent most of the day in bed; nursing their hangovers! I was quite impressed that Jude and I had managed to make the most of our time in Udaipur.
The cooking lesson was good, everyone had a little turn at helping to prepare different parts of the dishes. I didn't, I was just as happy to watch others! When all the cooking was completed we got to sit down and eat it.
Tonight the rain came, and it continued to come! It poured and poured. Udaipur is on quite a steep hill; the water gushed downhill at an amazing speed. We took tuk tuks home. Everyone was. Certainly ready for an early night in preparation for another early start tomorrow. We are leaving at 4.50. We will be on the 6am train to Pushkar.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



6th August 2014

Henna
Wow - cool Henna - EARLY MORNINGS!!!!!

Tot: 0.323s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb