Tiger tales from Ranthamborne


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Ranthambhore National Park
January 16th 2018
Published: January 16th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We stayed at the Ranthamborne Regency an old but comfortable hotel for our safaris to try and see tigers. It was all inclusive so meals were relaxing.

Our first venture was out in the cold of the morning in a jeep and it took us to one section of the National park. Lots of 4WD driving up steep hills but alas no tigers. We saw some pretty parrots, blue bull antelopes (nilgai) and sambar deer.

Our afternoon trip proved more fruitful but it took a while. We drove around for some time on a different route and saw lots of birds, antelopes and deer. The drive was bumpy again and the driver hit a rock very hard which ultimately resulted in a flat tyre. We got out of the jeep while it was changed and then moved on. We stopped a couple of times because our guide could hear animals calling to one another signalling danger. We hoped this would mean a tiger sighting and sure enough it did. An 18 month old cub not much smaller than a grown tiger walked out of the bush towards our vehicle. We drove over near it and it walked around our Jeep. We watched while it marked its territory , had a drink from a pond and then walked up the hill. Magnificent. A satisfying end to the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Nilgai Nilgai
Nilgai

Blue bull antelope


Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 79; dbt: 0.0759s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb