Udaipur Trip


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Mount Abu
February 18th 2010
Published: May 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It was the first and the begining of all the travels that I made, the marriage of our colleague, in Ahmedabad and we three decided to extend it to Mt.Abu and Udaipur.
There is a overnight train from Ahmedabad to Udaipur, but its on ur luck that it has to be on time, for us it was, Mt. Abu the only hill station of Rajasthan, can be also reached by bus, from Ahmedabad.
Government buses are available to take u on the top, and there is no special way so no point in hiring a private tansport, Govt transport is cheap and comfortabla and also the frquency is good.
Over the top you can hire a jeep or a bike, u can cover all the spot in a day, but overnite stay is advisable to enjoy the climate.
we took the bus that day itself to reach udaipur as we were short of leave, its a 4 hrs journey to Udaipur from Mt.Abu.
Udaipur is the city u love to live in, th best food and very help full people, the traffic is less and the places are good, don't miss Halva ( gajar ka halva) if u r there.
First day in udaipur we hire a car for Chitorgarh, known for the beauty and the scrifice, and more over for rani Padmini. On the way visit a holy shrine Nathdwara.
Second day we roam around in Udaipur city, there are many spots to see, the city palace itself takes 3 hrs and than there are lakes and the warior Maharana Pratap Smarak and the gardens and the temples.
Again a four hrs journey by bus and u can reach Amedabad, from where u can head to any city of India.
If u have time and a day do hire a car and visit Ranakpur and Kumbhalgargh



Additional photos below
Photos: 57, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb