Mount Abu


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Madhogarh
October 6th 2007
Published: October 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This whole travel blog thing is alot harder to keep up than I thought. Ive been travelling around alot over the last 2weeks and I have to think about all the stuff I did???So I'll try and remember.
The bus from Udaipur was a bit crazy had a man shouting at us where to go, even though there was no bus in sight, eventually it turned up. We'd booked ourseles n a tourist bus (theyre usually supposed to be very nice and comfy). Our one wasnt. The seats were all broken and the curtains stank, it was a bit like a local bus but more expensive. The bus took about 7 hours to get to Mount Abu. The driver stopped after 20minutes of driving so everyone could have a break!!and stopped again about 40minutes before we arrived in Mount Abu for another 30minutes. The journey up Mount Abu, was pretty scary. Narrow roads, and a low wall seperating us from falling over the cliff. It also didnt deter any of the drivers from the usual overtaking, but thank god we arrived safely--its about an hour uphill journey to Mount Abu. We stayed at the Shri ganesh guesthouse which was fine, they also organise treks. The owners really nice and organised a jeep to taqke us round to the sights. The main thing we wanted to see were the Jain temples, theyre amazingly carved temples made from marble and well worth a visit as they apparently are better than the ones in Ranekpur (so Ive heard). Also visited Sunset point with a couple of other Indian tourists, was nice but it was so crowded we left after a some quick pictures, also alot of people wanted to take our photos so we left quickly. We had to get up at 5am the next morning to make our bus for Jaisalmer. Got to the bus station and nowhere was open, we avoided these drunken homeless people who were shouting at us--turned out one of them was actually our driver!! The rtide down from Mount Abu was alot scarier than the one up--mainly cus it was pitch black and I still wasnt sure about the driver. But we did get to see the sun rise over the mountain, which was lovely. Got to Abu road and caught our connecting 16 hour bus ride to Jaisalmer--we stopped 3times for about 5minutes each, no toilets or food places in sight but I survived.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb