Jodhpur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
November 5th 2009
Published: November 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Train Travelling in IndiaTrain Travelling in IndiaTrain Travelling in India

James's favourite position!!!
Apologies for not putting much text around my previous entries. We have made it around some of Rajasthan as many of you have now seen on our updates to this site. Goa was relaxing and quiet in comparison to Rajasthan. Jaipur was our introduction to the crazy Indian life. Rathambhore National Park was quiet and had amazing scenery. Ajmer was a view into everyday life with our wonderful host family. Pushkar was a crazy hippy market town with the annual Camel and Horse fair which made it even more mad than usual I imagine. Now here are some of our pictures of Jodpur, it was here that we once again had a lovely host family, set in a huge house with 10 rooms for guests. We visited the usual forts, temples and palaces of the area. We also set off on an amazing mark 2 Range Rover for a day in the country. It was here we visited a rug weaver, potter, house where we were shown the Opium ceremony, and a small village where the "untouchables" live, the untouchables are people who have absolutely nothing, the lowest of the Indian caste system.

We have had to pull the emergency
Not British RailNot British RailNot British Rail

But it runs on time!
breaks on two trains now, the first because we got on the wrong train and it was pulling out of the station. The second because James was taking photo's out of the carriage door and the camera broke off it's string and went flying out of the train.

We have eaten amazing food, for all you non-veg people out there you would be converted to vegetarian food if you were here, it is truely amazing, even James is enjoying the lentils!!!!!

We have seen some amazing places and met the most wonderful locals and travellers alike.

Please keep the comments and emails flowing as it is so nice to hear from you all.

All our love
Tara, James and Chloe


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

BarBar
Bar

Not a great place to stop for a drink
Royal PalaceRoyal Palace
Royal Palace

Designed by a British Architect
Outside detailOutside detail
Outside detail

The carving work is amazing
Inside the FortInside the Fort
Inside the Fort

Gold everywhere


5th November 2009

Amazing photos
I am really enjoying the photos. Mrs. Batt was telling everyone at school about them. Glad you are having such a great time! Love Lee Callender
10th November 2009

Wow
All looks amazing, Fantastic photos keep up the good work. Love the hair Chloe, looking very cool ! Emma and Nancy x
19th November 2009

Hello to you all. Jessica, Jeffrey and I (Tasha's friends) are really enjoying all of your incredible photos. We are insanely jealous of you and are now living vicariously through you! Chloe we can't wait until your travels brings you our way again so we can hear first hand about your amazing journey. Take care and be well.

Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1006s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb