A fort and a tent...


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
January 8th 2006
Published: January 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ok...another one in quick succession...not going to write much as I'm boooored of bloging (but it's still raining in Kerala so not much else to do - I can hear you all sobbing for us).

So..Jodhpur...another fanastic town and a great set of things to see. It's different again to Jaipur etc., largely due to the smaller number of tourists not on the Dehli/Agra/Jaipur route.

Anyway, we pitched up at the hotel and got ourselves into the luxury tents...check out the pictures. Bit of a laugh...but the last laugh went to the mozzies.

Anyway, up early and off to the Mehrangarh Fort. What a stupendous place...talk about towering over the city. Another Indian suprise...they had a fantastic MPEG audioguide, brilliant stuff all the way round with tales of the Maharajas and so on.

A walk around the market was also great...plenty of sights and sounds and spices...and the food..once again...was superb. Just next to the hotel was Rocktails. Naff name, but great tandoori by the open fires.

Bring it on

Steve and Lou

(Right...Im off for a cuzza)


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Lou having her palm read..Lou having her palm read..
Lou having her palm read..

...apparently she want to wait until later for children !!!!!!!
A superb tandooriA superb tandoori
A superb tandoori

(Dhal Makhini - 7/10)


16th January 2006

Our weekend
We went to the new forest for the weekend. It rained.

Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 23; qc: 88; dbt: 0.1054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb