Jodhpur/India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
July 19th 2008
Published: August 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a 6 hour train ride with Dora and Sponge Bob (and Daddy), we arrived at Jodhpur. While Jaipur was the pink city, Jodhpur was the blue city. We stayed a really neat guesthouse called Durag Niwas. The couple who owned it had a boy my age so there was lots of toys and a friend to play with. They also had a little fountain in the courtyard which I turned into a swimming pool/bath.

The main attraction of Jodhpur was the HUGE Meherangarh fort. It was incredible. We spent one day there walking around. We also went back there another night to eat dinner with some new friends from the guesthouse. We were the only ones there and the views and sounds at night were incredible.

I really liked the trip we took to Mandor to see the different buildings, statues, and of course, monkeys. The Jaswant Thanda and the Umaid Bhawan Palace were also interesting sites.

We also to a day tour to visit Bishnoi villages. The Bishnoi people had a very interesting history and are known as the first "tree huggers". I saw lots of crafts being made, many animals and visited a local's house who made us lunch. It was a fun day.

After 4 nights it was time to move on, next stop......Udaipur






Additional photos below
Photos: 62, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

ImpressedImpressed
Impressed

Jaswant Thanda
StylishStylish
Stylish

Meherangarh Fort
All SmilesAll Smiles
All Smiles

Meherangarh Fort
Really Fun DayReally Fun Day
Really Fun Day

Meherangarh Fort
Jaswant ThandaJaswant Thanda
Jaswant Thanda

Meherangarh Fort in background
Me and DaddyMe and Daddy
Me and Daddy

Jodhpur Fort


8th August 2008

yay Udaipur
Of all the cities you've mentioned, Udaipur was my favorite. Are you stopping at Ranakpur? I suppose not if you're taking the train - it's also beautiful - just a cluster of Jain temples in the forest. Udaipur was one of the first cities where it was actually enjoyable to walk around (we went in reverse order from you - Bikaner, Jodhpur, then Udaipur, Ranakpur, Ranthambore, and Jaipur). Have fun! The pictures have been so cute so far and I have really been enjoying reading your journal!
8th August 2008

Mike, all these photos are unbelievable. Congrats on the great work. Sofia will very, very proud for years to come. Very nice. Abraço, Eduardo

Tot: 0.342s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 25; qc: 124; dbt: 0.1425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb