renting books, moving on to bodh gaya, rabid dogs, weird canadians, horrible pasta


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
July 1st 2005
Published: April 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

july 1

assholes! the 500 RS that i put down for 3 books that i borrowed a couple of weeks ago has been taken by the guy who rented them to me, as he went home, and now they're not sure if they can give me my 500 RS back. grrr. i'll come tomorrow morning before we catch our train out of here.

we're supposed to leave tomorrow morning. we'll see how that goes. apparently we can just get our tickets right before we leave. ... right. we're not so sure that we won't end up right back at the ganpati by like 11:00 AM. trains to gaya only run on thursday and saturday. so if we miss it... we're stuck in varanasi for another week. unless we find a bus. another tin can on wheels with a crackity driver. lovely.

********

july 3

in bodh gaya. staying at a buddhist monestary. exhausted. met a cracked canadian man who told us about the place and who lives two doors down. more on him later, i'm sure.

varanasi was good. i miss the boys.

we're trying to procure fireworks for tomorrow night. we'll see how that goes.

-molly

*********

later still july 3

we just had the worst pasta in all of india. we also got to watch a rabid dog bite a man's leg across the street and then we watched a mob of men try and beat the dog with a stick. lovely. dinner and a show.

our canadian, kevin, is a bit cracked. was american, then dodged the draft board and was imprisoned for 9 months, then got out on bail and moved to canada. started a publishing company, made a lot of money, sold it, and has been on vacation for the last 15 years. is married to a costa rican woman who he was crying over when i went out to sit on the porch with him this afternoon while arielle took a nap.

all i can taste right now is the garlic from that horrid pasta. ew.

ps. snapfish sucks. any other suggestions?


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb