A night in the desert under the Stars


Advertisement
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaisalmer
August 23rd 2015
Published: November 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

No chapatti no Chai: No woman, no cry. Chicken curry don't worry. Life's long, you don't have to worry. These are the words spoken by our guide Papu who sat in front of a crackling fire, making chapati and had us all laughing by his funny rhymes and wise words. Deep in the majestic Thar Desert we all sat in near darkness apart from the light created from the flickering orange flames (from... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 21


Advertisement






15th November 2015
At the hostel with a view

Perfection!
Your peaceful night in the desert was much earned after some of your other days in wild India. I completely agree with you that it's better to stay outside a picturesque fort or walled city. I used to love walking over a bridge and through the city walls of Avignon, France. Love the architecture here--the golden, carved houses and your hostel alcove. Congrats on surviving the camel ride!
15th November 2015
At the hostel with a view

Perfection
Avignon looks beautiful ? Glad to hear you also can apprectiate the outer areas of walled cities. Sitting in that alcove appreciatong our views was a great pastime. Yes camel riding was an experience but the once was enough for me (p) ? sleeping in the desert under the stars was however one I would love to repeat.
15th November 2015
Smile

Camels abound
Nice looking camel
15th November 2015
Smile

nice looking camel.
This one was nice and calm too ?
16th November 2015
Smile

Camel eyes
I think he's being Joey from Friends and giving you a 'how you doin?' look :)
16th November 2015
Smile

Camel eyes
Classic. He was certainly after something with that face ?
16th November 2015

Camels :)
Your night in the desert sounds fantastic! But I honestly don’t know how you guys coped for so long in that camel saddle…it was uncomfortable enough after just a two hour round trip! :)
16th November 2015

Camels
On the first day we were all itching to get off after more than an hour. On the second day I wanted to walk but was told it was not really possible so jumped back on ?. I didn't realise how uncomfortable it would be. All apart of the experience I guess and it was worth it for the night in the desert.
16th November 2015

Camels
On the first day we were all itching to get off after more than an hour. On the second day I wanted to walk but was told it was not really possible so jumped back on ?. I didn't realise how uncomfortable it would be. All apart of the experience I guess and it was worth it for the night in the desert.
18th November 2015

I can hear starry, starry night....
Tranquil locations free of traffic noise and hard to find in India...well a good part of India. What an experience. Walled cities always have so much more character than those without. Travel safe and be cautious of mating camels.
18th November 2015

Starry night
We had a lovely time exploring the areas both in and out of the fort here. Yes we will certainly maintain a level of caution around wild animals. Had our fair share of scares.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb