Wildcats on the Road: Rajasthan Watch Party


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
December 2nd 2012
Published: December 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our wake-up call came at 6 am with a ring at the door and the delivery of tea and biscuits. The sun was not up yet, but Kyle set up the computer so that we could stream the game live. He picked up a station out of Buffalo, NY. Despite the terrible internet service in India, we were able to watch the entire game without issue. This was the best internet service we have had the entire trip.

Our watch party was punctuated with calls to prayer from the nearby mosque, the ringing of bells from Hindu prayers within the complex and rhythmic prayers from the hari karishna temple next door. It is fair to say they were not the only ones praying this morning!

Our watch party meal consisted of black tea, fresh squeezed juice, porridge, toast, eggs and Indian dumplings. The party was held in our hotel where we attempted to teach the intricacies of American football to the hotel employees. Though we may not have convinced any of these local cricket fans to watch American football instead, we did indoctrinate them that the "team in purple" is the best!

It is a great day to
Old Glory Flies in IndiaOld Glory Flies in IndiaOld Glory Flies in India

This isn't this flag's first international trip...she's been to 34 countries proving Wildcats are everywhere. She was also in attendance at a K-State Watch Party in Egypt in 1999 when K-State played in the Holiday Bowl.
be a Wildcat...even in India!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Settling-Up After a Friendly WagerSettling-Up After a Friendly Wager
Settling-Up After a Friendly Wager

Kyle was confident we would be able to watch the game, dad was not so sure. A hefty bet of 10 Indian Rupees was waged and, after a Wildcat Victory, dad happily paid his smiling son-in-law!
Everyone Wants to Watch KSU FootballEveryone Wants to Watch KSU Football
Everyone Wants to Watch KSU Football

The best part was when I heard Kyle say, "If we score, our team could win the championship!" This was answered with smiles and the ambiguous Indian nod.
Keeping the FaithKeeping the Faith
Keeping the Faith

Dad looks nervous, but in his head Kyle is already making plans for a bowl game.


2nd December 2012

Go Cats
Roy actually watched the game!!!! I bet the first half was hard on your Dad. Thank goodness we had Lockett back. N
2nd December 2012

Watch Party Attendees
Dad attended the K-State Watch Party, but he may have been a late arrival...he may have shown up when the game was no longer in question!!
2nd December 2012

Fiesta Bowl
Next trip for Crenshaw/Roehler nomads - Fiesta Bowl in Phoenix??

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb