Jaipur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
April 29th 2012
Published: April 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Agra to Jaipur


This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Jaipur traffic 131 secs
2: Chris getting a dot 3 secs
3: The sound of Jaipur 43 secs


After traveling the whole night from Nainital to Agra and visiting the splendid Taj Mahal, we hurried to find means of transportation to our next stop, Jaipur, where we would catch up on sleep and explore one of the most famous cities in touristy Rajasthan.




Additional photos below
Photos: 100, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Agra, close to the bus stationAgra, close to the bus station
Agra, close to the bus station

Initially, we planned to take one of the frequent public buses from Agra to Jaipur, however, we were again diverted by a driver who offered us a good price for a chauffeured car. We negotiated an even better price and jumped into the car.
View over Fatehpur sikriView over Fatehpur sikri
View over Fatehpur sikri

Fatehpur sikri was on our list of place to visit. However, the overnight bus ride had tired us that we rejected the friendly offer from our driver to visit the city on our way to Jaipur. We leave that place for next time we visit India.
Road trafficRoad traffic
Road traffic

Again Indians prove to be very efficient in packaging and transportation of goods
Hotel terrace Hotel terrace
Hotel terrace

Yet again Lonely planet gave us a very nice suggestion of place to stay in Jaipur. Unfortunately, this hotel was overbooked by other Lonely planet readers. Yet, we managed to book a hotel across the street and came to enjoy the peaceful and exotically decorated terrace of this hotel for our meals.
The Pink CityThe Pink City
The Pink City

The Old City of Jaipur is more famously known as the Pink City because of the color of its buildings. Pink is traditionally the color of hospitality.
The Pink CityThe Pink City
The Pink City

The streets of the Pink City are very chaotic with people, animals and tourists. Each of the streets of the city are specialized in certain crafts. Once can find myriad of shops offering everything from traditional clothes to jewelry. However, we didn't like the pushiness of the vendors and therefore we refrained from entering the bazaars.
Hawa Mahal, Old cityHawa Mahal, Old city
Hawa Mahal, Old city

This impressive building was constructed so that ladies of the royal household can watch the life and processions of the city.


Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.039s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb