OK, now I'm ready...


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
December 23rd 2005
Published: December 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

I'm all prepared - itinerary, air tickets, rail tickets, car rental, hotel reservations, visa, jabs, money... All that's left is to recharge the camcorder batteries, pack, and get to Heathrow in time for check-in on New Year's Day. Pat will drop me off en route to her own holiday with her parents in South Wales. Let's hope it doesn't snow!

Meanwhile, Christmas is almost upon us and I'm still in sunless Hertfordshire. Our son Richard, daughter-in-law Gina and beautiful grandaughter Teagan have already arrived from mid-Wales, and daughter Karen arrives tomorrow from Essex. The fridges are crammed with enough food for several armies. The tree is surrounded by presents. And we'll soon be surrounded by our family, as it should be at this festive time.

I'm pleased to be spending Christmas at home, unlike many of the backpackers and others out there who may be sharing it with those who don't even know what Christmas is. Anyway, happy Christmas to each and every one of those courageous folk spending the holiday away from home and family, and best wishes for a happy, healthy New Year to all who may read this.

My next blog will be in early-January, probably from somewhere in sunny Jaipur. See you there Lajpal!


I must remember to start taking the anti-malarial pills on Christmas Day. A Travelan pill might also be a good idea before attempting a meal like that in the accompanying picture!

Advertisement



6th January 2006

Happy Travelling
Have just read your journals from before you left and looking forward to reading your updates. Pat texted to say she had reached Wales safely and I do hope all went well with your flight to India. Happy travelling, love Mary

Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.134s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb