Bikaner, on the edge of the desert


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Bikaner
February 20th 2016
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 28.0199, 73.3176

Up early , breakfast and depart 7.30am.Long drive to Bikaner, 2 stops, arrived at 1.45pm for quick lunch.

3.15pm left for National Camel Research Centre. Very interesting seeing the different camels and breeding centre. Also the museum describing how important camels are for the desert dwellers, for transport, milk, hair & hides. Then had a icecream made from camel milk, tasty & creamy.

Back to Palace hotel for a look around, our room 3rd floor overlooking back courtyard. Our room was upstairs across the rooftop to a lovely secluded room. Fixtures & fittings were quirky, a little old and strange but this added to the old world feel. Our bathroom was huge, down an internal hallway overlooking a courtyard. Bedroom quite large with a lovely comfortable bed. Small fridge which was noisy so just turned it off.

Connie & Pio's on 4th floor with own terrace, was absolutely delightful with a lovely bedroom, smallish bathroom but the terrace straight off the bedroom was amazing. On the rooftop, with a cupola & 360 degree view overlooking the hotel & city. We sat up there for hours watching the sunset, really enjoyed the experience. Had a good walk around the front gardens and they are really special with peacocks roaming around.

Dinner then bed, for later rise tomorrow. Good nights sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb