neemrana, a marvellous fortress


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Alwar
December 20th 2010
Published: December 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

a short drive from delhi and we climbed up a hillock to reach the gates of neemrana, the hotel group takes its name from this property. the climb up the ramp to the lobby is steep and in fact its rocky and a climb up and a climb down everywhere inside the fortress.

we were staying at the krishna mahal which included a room, balcony and terrace. one could look out at horizons afar from the terrace or balcony and in fact we were situated right at the face of the fortress. lunch neemrana style was a buffet spread at an ornately done dining room overlooking the swimming pool. we took a walk in the evening and came across the pankha or hand pulled fans of erstwhile courtiers, a sun dial and aerial views from every nook and corner while dusk descended and the lamps were lit everywhere. there was a cultural show in the evening and it included fire dancers and traditional music. after drinks and dinner we reached our room just in time for a dust storm. it was amazing to see the gusts of wind coming at full force while we rushed for cover and shut all doors and windows. there were some anxious moments while the lights went out and all we could do was light a candle and wait for the howling tearing ripping winds to die down.

a light breakfast followed next morning and the food was indeed very good at all the meals. a must visit for all living nearby and one gets to see the kind of fortresses the valiant rajputs built and lived in. the landscape of alwar was arid and one could see peacocks on rooftops of villages near the foothill. there is a neemrana shop for interesting artefacts and of course its a great weekend retreat not to mention a very fashionable wedding venue. neemrana has done a marvellous job of renovating and refurbishing a thirteenth century fortress from the times of prithviraj chauhan and accessorizing it with modern amenities while leaving its flavour essentially untouched.

Advertisement



28th October 2013

Best Investment in Neemarana
Really thanks for this post information about Neemrana Properties. There are some information you have placed that is really great information about Neemrana. Neemrana Ridgeview Avalon

Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb