Himalayan India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Punjab » Amritsar
June 6th 2008
Published: June 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Friday 6 June

Today we left Pakistan Punjab to return to Indian Punjab.

So "bye-bye" Lahore; drive to Wagha; wait until Border Control people decide to start working again; fill out forms; passport control & customs check eventually. All very slow because the normal early morning bus of family members going to India to visit relatives was late & these people had to be cleared first & as they seemed to be opening & delving deep into every single case, bag & package, it took a while. I was getting worried they were going to rifle through our bags & then I would never get them shut again without repacking the whole lot. Fortunately once we were actually seen we got passed through without having to open our bags.

Then we had the long walk between the border posts to start the formalities on the Indian side which was much quicker. Then we were driven back to Svaasa in Amritsar for one night.

Tomorrow we move on to Dharamsala for 3-4 days; Manali for 3 days; Jispa for a day to acclimatise to the high altitude before finally reaching Leh. I don't know what chance we will have to access the internet but I will try to keep up to date with the travelblog.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb