•Bhitarakanika National Park• Croc Sanctuary


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Orissa » Bhitarkanika National Park
April 3rd 2017
Published: April 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

•Bhitarakanika Crocodile Sanctuary•

It is just one of its kind and a beautiful destination for "nature lovers" "croc lovers" as well as "birders"x
it is India's Biggest Crocodile sanctuary situated in Bhadrak district of Odisha state.
A nice place to enjoy Boat ride inside Mangroove forests and the stay inside the Forest guest house is totally a different experience .During night stays, its quite common that spotted deers native to these mangroove forests will come so close to guest house cottages,that even in bare eyes or with a torch in hand its so enjoyable to see these shy creatures grazing grass around and quite awesome a feeling.
A lot of Varieties of Birds,some of which are natives and some are migratory ones.
Water monitor Lizards and crocodiles basking under Sun on river beds during Boat journey around the river beds is the real beauty of this "Nature Trip".
It's a Natural Breeding place of Crocodiles.it's for sure if one comes during winter days one will get so many Crocodiles & the big ones and even new borns basking under Sun on river beds.
One can book forest guest house from The Forest Dept, Govt of Odisha,on their website and they will accordingly make forest stay and visit passess & cottages can be booked which includes breakfast and all meals according to the needs of the inmates.Two nights and three days trip would be really an ideal choice.One can reach "Dhamra Jetty"from Bhubaneswar(pretty well connected with most parts of India by rail,roads&air) by road with just 3 hours journey.And from nearby "Bhadrak railway station one can reach "Dhamra"with just 1hr journey or from "Balasore" railway station one can reach "Dhamra"within 3 hours journey and from "Dhamra Jetty" one has to start boat journey(feeling of voyage amidst water)and it's quite an ecomic tour even.
For any quarries you can contact me as a help in my below mentioned mob/whatsapp no.

Author-Siba
cell no +917044070801


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb