Delhi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
December 16th 2007
Published: December 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hmmm... so DON'T BOOK INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS VIA ORBITZ!!!!! After making our way to Amsterdam airport at 4AM, we were told at Check-in that our connecting flight to Delhi from Zurich DOESN'T EXIST!!!! Swiss Air had contacted the Orbitz agent at the time of booking that the flight would be discontinued, but we were issued the tickets anyway. We ended up spending the day flying all over Europe to various different airports, pleading our way onto any flight that would take us to India. Things didn't look so good for us at first - Swiss Air told us that the next flight they could provide us would be on Nov.25th.... one month away!! Other alternatives offered included going to Zurich and spending the day in the airport, getting a flight to Bombay and then finding our own means to Delhi - highly un-desirous, especially considering that we would arrive after our booked trip to Rajasthan from Delhi. Thankfully, after spending 8 hours in a sleep-deprived delirium at Zurich airport, we managed to get on a flight to London with a connection to Delhi.

Once, in Delhi, we had a mind-spinning series of sights packed into our week's stay, including Jodhpur, Jaipur and Agra. All accomplished with the help of my aunt and uncle in Delhi. Our favorite sight? The Taj, of course 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb