Day 1 - Delhi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
October 15th 2017
Published: October 15th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Some 22 hours after leaving Auckland Liz and I have arrived in Delhi. Thanks to a 4 hour recharge in the 'nap room' at Changi airport, we were ready to go.

Thikana home stay is really a comfortable little hotel with aircon, hot water and everything you need. After breakfast and a chat with a fascinating Amercian woman who is into textiles, we headed off to the Lodhi Gardens, where there are a number of tombs dating back to the 15rth century. After a wander around the gardens, amongst the picnickers and joggers, we headed to Khan markets, relatively upmarket markets where we ogled fabrics and traditional costumes before a great lunch.

We had planned to go to Gandhi Smitri (Gandhi's home where he was shot) but there were about a million Indian tourists wanting to get in as well. Maybe we will save that for Tuesday.

Delhi seems less, well, everything, that it did 23 years ago. However it is still hot - over 30 degrees, polluted and full of crazy drivers. I am really looking forward to getting out and exploring more, but maybe another little nap first....


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



22nd October 2017
Liz and Gaynor at Lodhi Gardens

You look different somehow...
Wow, you have changed a lot since you left. Use more sunscreen.
22nd October 2017
Liz and Gaynor at Lodhi Gardens

It was jetlag. Feeling better now!

Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb