A different side of India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » Delhi
March 15th 2014
Published: March 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Recently I was fortunate enough to lead a group to India for two hectic weeks of sightseeing. Totally different to the usual standard of travel we do (luxury instead of backpacking) but got to visit some amazing hotels. If anyone gets the chance, stay at the Leela Palace in delhi... stunning hotel!

A place that we visited for the first time was a town called Orcha which is between Agra and Khajuraho. Other than the seeing the Taj, Orcha was the biggest highlight for the group. It is just a stunning place that is not expected. Very limited tourists and if anyone going to India is looking for something of the beaten track this is worth the effort.

It was the first time that I have visited Khajuraho also. The only reason to visit here is to see the famous erotic temples. The temples are very interesting and if you head this way get a local guide so you do not miss the funny side of the temples. You will miss this if you visit by yourself and wander around.

India did not disappoint again and still is at the top of favourite holiday destinations.


Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.1618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb