Day 1


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » Delhi
April 22nd 2018
Published: April 22nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Got woke up by the room phone ringing we had over slept and the rest of the group were in the hotel lobby waiting for us, met our tour guide Joe who went through the itinerary for the day. Straight on coach and off to do tour of New Delhi and old Delh, visited the largest mosque in India (jama masking - the largest mosque in India)) had to take our shoes off and the floor was red hot but we coped!! Had a rickshaw ride round the old Delhi market which was good, with it being Sunday lots of the shops were closed, highlight of the day for me was visiting mahatma Gandhi’s tomb and hearing the story about his life and listening to the history of how India became so divided oh and we seen the Indian gate!

Stopped for lunch at a local......wait for it......Indian restaurant, food again was lovely. Back at hotel had a couple of hours to spare so I just went for chill around the pool.

Went out for yet another meal so very well fed today. Got to know rest of group from all over, Australia, Africa, all seem nice people.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb