coffee and spiderman


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Meghalaya
May 5th 2007
Published: May 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The bus ride was one of the funniest things i have ever done. It took an hour before we even left as they had overbooked the bus!!! and they had to move everyone around, as women and men are not allowed to sit next to one another, let along sleep next to each other!!! So i got a lower birth bed/seat...it is a seat which you can totally lie flat...which was fine, they tried to make me lay down and when i said i would do it later as i did not want to sleep at 9 in the evening, they gave me a worried and confused look and then stormed away, i sat for a bit watching the country side go by and wondering if the bus would make it up the hills, as the driver seems not to understand the gear box, or at least not what 2nd was. I saw lots of dry lightning, and then later when i was laying down i was woke by actual rain coming in the window...it was amazing to feel and see.

The seat killed my back and i woke in crippling pain, and numbness in my feat, but i got here to mangalore, and found a nice enough hotel, with cable and a fan in the room. I asked at the front desk how i could go about seeing Spiderman that evening, and they looked it all for me and i walked to the cinmar and convinced them to sell me a ticket before the film started, which they were not too happy about, the ticket cost 35rs, which is like 45p!!!. I wondered off and got a cold coffee at a shop down the rd, when another traveller walked and a lovely girl from Austria called Karan...we got talking about where each of us had been, she was just finishing up her trip, but talked of WWOOFings farms on the each coast and the french indians that you find in Pondacherri where you can get french pastries...she also gave me an email address of a meditation center where she had spent 2 weeks there, it is high in the mountains, so i am going to look it up and see if they could take me for a bit.

She joined me in going to the cinmar, which was hugh, no ac and a few fans, so we sweated our way though the film, we did not have to stand for the Indian national anthem, which was kinda disapointing as Karan had in Mumbai where she had seen a Hindi film...the film was in English and all ever exciting, we even had a break half way for 10 mins, but we found that they had locked us into the building and so could not get outside for some air!!! Then about 15 mins before the end of the film, the rooms started emptying out...the film was not resolved, we did not know what was goign to happen to Peter Parker of the Sandman villan, and yet the majority of the audience seems happy to be walking out, karan and i could not believe what was happening...then at the end of the film they did not run the trailers, put all the lights on and kicked us out...i like watching the trailers...we went next door and got a fruit drink, she gave me the info on things to do in Kerela: wa also said how we do not say where we are from, her because everyone thinks she is from Australia, when she says Austria...so she says she is from Norway, i told her i tell people i am from Finland...both of us said that when people here they countries they stop trying to chat you up, as no one seems to know much about these places, which i like...

I went shopping today and even managed to get some tops to cover me up a bit more, as this sun is unforgiving on my Lille white skin> I am off to Mysore tomorrow to see some Palaces and see if i can get down to some wildlife parks but it looks unlikly, will see if i can try.

Kisses

P.S Sarah Khan can you wish Dad a Happy Birthday from me, as i do not have an email address for him.










Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb