Adventure Sports in and around Lonavala


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Pune
September 16th 2016
Published: September 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Lonavala is a mesmerizing hill station filled with lakes, lush green landscapes, waterfall and caves. Situated amidst the picturesque Sahyadari mountain range, this place is near to Pune and Mumbai. It is a destination for an exotic holiday with ample things to do and see. You can enjoy the scenic walks, do bird watching and visit historic caves. Apart from the sightseeing places, Lonavala also provides plenty of opportunities for adventure sports like hiking, rock climbing and paragliding.Many Pune residents visit Lonavala on weekends by hiring Pune to Lonavala cab.We have compiled a list of top adventure opportunities in Lonavala:



Rajmachi Fort trek:The historic fort of Rajmachi located in the Karjat region was built by Shivaji Maratha in the 17th century and is a much sought after trekking destination amongst the adventure loves. The trek will take you on a tour through peaceful and hidden landscapes of Maharashtra. . This spectacular historical marvel can be reached via two routes, Kondivide village route and Lonavala route. Kondivide route is somewhat tricky; hence the preferred route is from Lonavala which provides more scenic views as well. Rajmachi trek is even more beautiful during monsoons when there are numerous waterfalls to see and the surroundings are lush green.

Adventure sports at Kamshet: Located at a short distance away from Lonavala, Kamshet has developed as a great place to enjoy various adventure sports. The landscape Of Kamshet is perfect for activities like paragliding, trekking and hiking. In fact it is considered to be one of the best places in India to do Paragliding. While doing paragliding you will get bird’s eye view of the surrounding landscapes and beautiful Pavna Lake. Do not miss this exciting activity if you plan to go to Kamshet.

Duke Point Trek: The spectacular views from the top of Duke point attracts trekkers from all parts of the world. Activities likeRappeling are bound to excite travelers looking for an adrenaline rush.Also don’t forget to visit the famous Lord Shiva temple at the summit.

Korigad fort trek: This 15th century fort is located at around 20 km from Pune and the trek offers some breathtaking views of surrounding Sahyadri ranges. The fort reminds you of the legacy of Maratha warrior Shivaji and the battles fought by him. Once you reach the top, you will get mesmerized by the panoramic views of the beautiful surroundings.

Rappelling at MadheGhat: MadheGhat waterfall is one of the best in the Pune-Lonavala region. Surrounded by the Western Ghats, the gushing waterfalls are a treat to the eyes. It is also a great spot for indulging in adventure activities. Rappelling can be done at 120 feet near the waterfall. You are tied to a harness and then you go down the slope while the falling water adds to the difficulty level. Enjoy the thrilling experience of Rappelling with your friends and family.

If you plan to cover Lonavala and the surrounding areas from Pune, the best way to travel is by a hired cab. You can book taxi from Pune to Lonavala through Savaari.com which is a reliable provider of Pune taxi service.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.441s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb