Ganesh Utsav in Pune…!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Pune » Dagdusheth Halwai Ganapathi Temple
September 14th 2010
Published: February 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday, I visited ganpati mandals with my cousin sister. We went by auto-rickshaw in evening till appa balwant chowk & from there we roamed around the city on foot till shani paar(to avoid the traffic jams..). We saw various ganpati mandals, their decorations, huge pandals, fountains, electric light decorations, flower decorations………it was very divine and spiritual experience to visit these Places. The Ganesh Murtis here are very beautiful and elegant..Just so attractive, we can’t take off our eyes of them…..

The ganesh utsav is celebrated with enthusiasm and zeal in pune. Every Mandal works hard towards displaying splendid decorations. The atmosphere is very enhanting with all that “Dhatad Tatad” music which makes you shake, gorgeous colorful rangolis, smell of “dhups” and lot of mythological scenes designed by the mandals and the tasty Prasad of “modaks” and “shira”…

To understand the true essence of the <em style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Ganeshotsav in Pune, a visit to the five <em style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">‘manache Ganpati’ or temples of honour is a must. Just few yards away from each other, they have been famous since hundreds of years in the old city of Pune. It is believed that celebrations of the festivities are incomplete without seeking their blessings; therefore, thousands of devotees flock here during the ten day festival.

Here I’m giving details of few ganpati mandals in pune….plz take out some time in evening and visit the ganesh mandals….

Kasba Ganpati: First Ganpati of Honor in Pune. Considered as the ‘GramDaivat’ of Pune.

Tambadi Jogeshwari: Second Ganpati of Honor in Pune. It is famous and is situated in the heart of the city. The murti of Lord Ganesh has its uniqueness with resemblance to elephants of Africa. People from all the corners of the country come to Pune to watch & take blessings. Murti is always kept in silver Palakhi.

Guruji Talim: Third Ganpati of Honor in Pune. It is considered as a symbol of Hindu Muslim unity.

Tulsibaug: Fourth Ganpati of Honor in Pune. This is the old and famous Ganesh mandal in Pune. This mandal is known for the size of the Ganesh idol.

Kesariwada: Fifth Ganpati of Honor in Pune.

Along with these respected ganpatis, there are few more ganpatis to be visited in this season:

Mandai Ganpati: Mandai Ganpati may not be among the five Manache or honoured Ganpatis of Pune but it certainly has his own aura and significance. This exceptional idol that rests on the swing with his wife on the side is quite a crowd puller.

DagduSeth Halwai: Shrimmant Dagdusheth Halwai Ganesh Temple (mandir) has been the centre of attraction in Pune. Shrimmant Dagdusheth Ganesh is considered to be the richest deity in Pune.

Enter the divine world of Lord Ganesha –which will transport you to the higher strata of Lord Ganesha’s benevolent presence. So be graced by his unfailing blessings. Not only that, also enjoy the facets and fountains of Lord Ganesha in his innumerable moods and get assimilated in the festive spirit that assures the bestowment of divinity. So come along, and feel the Gaiety with Gusto!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb