Mumbai- Bombay or just the land of colour...


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai » Colaba
April 5th 2013
Published: April 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


A short summary of my three nights in Singapore; it was amazing, spend a night at the airport the first night, went to a gourmet dessert restaurant with an Italian the second and the third was Easter celebration with some wine and my dear friend Irmante from London, who showed me the city through her eyes!

So on the first of April Tatiana arrived from Bangkok and we met at the airport in Singapore...

...we arrived pretty late in Mumbai and it resulted in us taking a cab that was by far one of the sickest cabrides of my life and the impressions outside our window made this a head spinning journey. For almost one hour we raced along speople masses of people, noises, car honking, beautifully dressed women and more life in some streets than some cities might have.

our second day was by far the craziest, maybe it was because we were in our own, as we stayed by the end of the day with a host from couchsurfing, with whom we have been hanging out and walking around since. The first day we were in our own. I won't tell you about th food, as its too much, we have had everyday something different and are trying to discover as much as possible before we won't be able to look at the food anymore 😊

So our crazy day was basically full of people who wanted to take photos with us, then some overmotivated Indians who wanted to urgently help us and didn't take a no for an answer and decided to escort us to our destination and hang out with us, there more people (girls) just sat with us, just to hang out, they left and abrupt as they came.

Overall it has been very interesting, very colourful, the saris of the women make my head turn million times everyday, we took a train that had no doors, we had some many many different Indian meals, some we liked more, others less. So far, we drop dead every night because of all the impressions.

We are leaving to Goa tonight by train, looking forward to see more of this amazing country!!

X


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb