Hill stations in Maharashtra


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai » Bandra
June 24th 2016
Published: June 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

HILL STATIONS IN MAHARASHTRA

Hill stations in Maharashtra

Maharashtra is a home Sahyadri mountain range. Its picturesque beauty and glorious history is pride of Maharashtra. If you want to explore the Maharashtra then there is a long list of places to visit in Maharashtra. Hill stations in Maharashtra are very popular. Most of these Hill stations were developed by the British government in their rule to survive Indian summer. But these Hills stations are still get visited by thousands of people across the world. There is multiple hill stations near Mumbai to people like to visit over a weekend.

Hill stations in Maharashtra not only attract tourists from all around the world, but tourists across the country visit these hill stations frequently. People often get tired of their hectic routine of life; hence they need a place that offers them solitude. Every hill station is distinct from each other in many aspects. Proximity to big cities is the most beneficial aspect of popularity if these Hill stations. If you are looking for places to visit near Mumbai then we are giving you a list of best places to visits in Maharashtra.

Matheran : Matheran hill station is one of the most popular tourist place in Maharashtra. Matheran is also renowned for being the smallest hill station of the country. It’s a beautiful hill station near Mumbai. It is easily accessible from Mumbai and Pune. It is located in ‘Western Ghat’, location which is recently getting nominated as a world heritage site. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, then Matheran hill station is a perfect location for you, it’s one of the few places in the world where vehicles are not allowed.

Mahabaleshwar: Mahabaleshwar is a highest hill station of Western Ghats of Maharashtra. Mahabaleshwar is one of the most magnificent hill stations of the country. Places like the Catholic Church, Conaught Peak, Pratapgad Fort are one of the most popular tourist spots in Mahabaleshwar. Mahableshwar is already famous as a popular honeymoon destination. There are many luxury accommodations available in the city.

Khandala and Lonavala: Although both these hill stations are different, but they are located in close proximity. Both of these hill stations are just an hour and half away from the Mumbai and an hour away from Pune. Lonavala is popularly known as ‘Jewel of Maharashtra’. the Key attraction of the location is 1st century BC and 2nd century BC caves like Bhoja, Bedsa.

Chikhaldara : Located in Amaravati district of the Vidharbha region of Maharashtra is a widely popular hill station in India. Vidarbha region of Maharashtra is usually famous for its immense heat and temperature, but chikhaldara on the other hand is popular for beautiful mist and deep valleys. It holds its distinctive identity as a coffee growing area in the state. It’s easily reachable from cities like Amravati and Nagpur.

Bhandardara: Bhandardara is a Hill station near Nashik. Hill station is popular among families as an ideal picnic place. It’s a beautiful small and serene place. Attraction points like Radha Fall, Arthur Lake, Ratangadh fort are well-liked by the people. Being a hill station near Nashik it’s easily accessible from all the major cities.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.039s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb