new year with dhamma-people in aurangabad


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Aurangabad
January 5th 2007
Published: January 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

new year signs on the streetnew year signs on the streetnew year signs on the street

...after having passed new year's eve calmly and nicely in aurangabad the day after the vipassana-course ended...
The vipassana-course ended in the morning of the 31rst of Dec. I intended to go directly to Aurangabad to be able to visit the ancient caves of Ellora... Connecting with fellow meditators who are traveling too, we ended up being a huge group of about 15 dhamma-people taking the train to Aurangabad. Although we haven't been communicating during the course until the last day, it was as if we had known each other for a very long time and we enjoyed a very inspiring "togetherness" from the beginning on.
After we meditated together, we spent new year's eve calmly in an excellent indian restaurant, going to sleep shortly after midnight...
The next day I got my first indian haircut and we made people smile with a little performance in the street. BJ with his amazing devil-sticks, Sandie doing a great poi-dance performance and me juggling around a bit with 3 potatoes I bought in the market... :-)
Finally we went to visit the cave-temples of Ellora. Buddhist, Hindu and Jain temples had been carved out of the rocks over several hundred years... Great to wander around and explore!
3 days in Aurangabad with incredibly nice dhamma-people - greetings to you all!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

the kailash cave-templethe kailash cave-temple
the kailash cave-temple

a world-heritage monument and biggest structure carved out of rocks in the world


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 19; qc: 81; dbt: 0.067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb