First Day in Tala


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Madhya Pradesh » Bandhavgarh NP
December 14th 2017
Published: December 15th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Day 13 (1st in Tala) 13th December



We arrived tired & grumpy in our posh taxi at about 7am to be met by our host Satyendra who asked if we wanted breakfast. We declined and all went to bed. We all have nice rooms.



I awoke around 11am and went to the outside dining area, where the others were already having brunch. There I met Satyendra’s English wife, Kay, who had been on the safari that I had originally booked this morning but was apparently unchangeable (I feel that we should pay extra as they have had to meet the costs for our train debacle). They are both in their early 60’s, so around the same age as us.



But what a couple. Satyendra is quite a character, always laughing and joking. Ready with a tall story or true encounter. He is into photography and our rooms, the dining room and even the dinner plates & mats have his pictures of tigers upon them all. Kay is more reserved, making a good brake to Satyendras flowery talk, but open and friendly, she seems to like the kids. Her hobby is painting and she has done some really fine detailed work which is on display in the dining room.



They have been together for 30 years, so know each other well. Although they have only lived here for 20 years. All the trees here were planted by them and houses built by them (or rather for them, to their specs).



Set in over an acre of land are numerous buildings; mine is a double-roomed one at the end near the gate, although I only get one room of course. Air-con, electric radiator, towels, loo roll, carpets, rechargable torches are all included. There are 2 other similar buildings nearby. Then there is the kitchen & separate dining room. Nearby is an open-sided building where you could sit around a fire even when raining. Also nearby is the only 2 story building; Satyendra & Kay are upstairs, beneath them are the Reedies in a large room with 3 single beds, & Mal with similar to me



We chatted all afternoon until tiffin time. Then more talking to dinner time. There does seem a lot of eating involved here! But it is all included in the price and the cook is trying to cater to Esmee’s fussy diet which is good as she has been eating very little since we landed.



We all took an early night (except Mal who wanted me to stay up with her, smoking, but my chest can’t take it).



The head cold I’ve had since arrival, has sunk to my chest now and become infected, cof cof cof etc.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb