Mananthavadi back to Calicut

India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Wayanad
March 8th 2008
Published: March 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We woke up to another huge breakfast prepared for us and then Zubaida and the children came round to say goodbye and to let us take lots more photos. We then said our goodbyes and Asif and Gufoor took us to the bus station where we hopped on a bus just as it was about to leave for calicut. Gufor and Asif had ben our 'guides' for the whole time we were there and we couldn't thank them enough for taking care of us so well. We really had such a great time and I know I fully intend to go back when Yousef is there. Yousef also acted as a guide and was always on the phone telling giving us loads of information. A truly amazing experience.

The bus ride back to Calicut was not fun. We were jammed into a completely packed bus with people getting on and off the whole time and the driver obviously preparing for his rally driving license. I also made a friend who sat with his arm round me for most of the journey and made me feel really comfortable, it was great! With bruised knees and banged elbows we got off the bus where we had got on only 2 days before and headed back to the Hyson hotel, not wanting a repeat of the last time. We have checked back into the same room (417), which is like a sweatbox without a/c!!

That afternoon we headed out to the train station to buy a ticket for the next part of the journey and considering this only took about 3 hours were relieved to get back to the hotel, (After an awesome lunch at the railway station, no jokes). That evening we decided to forego dinner after all the excess of the last few days and we headed out to a local bar, (the Diplomat Bar), for a drink or four. Feeling great we walked the fifty metres back to the hotel and passed out after the hard day. I somehow drew the highest card again so was sleeping on the floor!


Tot: 1.053s; Tpl: 0.044s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb