Nothing Vanilla About Vanilla County


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Vagamon
November 19th 2016
Published: November 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Our next stop was at Vanilla County, a farmstay in the hills near Vagamon. Vanilla County is owned and operated by a Christian family who, in order to maintain their parents' stately property, elected to transform it into a beautiful inn. The income from tourism supplements their income from agriculture and both work hand-in-hand. Most of the fantastic food we ate (even the spices) was grown on the estate.

The home at Vanilla County was as gorgeous as its tropical grounds. We stayed in the two suites on the second floor and had more room than any of us needed. We had a balcony and a wonderul view of the hillsides filled with pineapple, coconut, and rubber trees.

Vanilla County was a noticeably quiet and serene spot to relax.

The meals were incredible and we often shared the table with other visitors who were traveling through the area and staying at Vanilla County. The family took great care of us with warm hospitality and taught us about the agriculture in the area.

The location was perfect for hiking, exploring the local agriculture and swimming in the waterfalls.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb