Kanyakumari For the Weekend


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Trivandrum
June 24th 2011
Published: June 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we went to the "Silicon Valley" of Kerala. It was called TechnoPark. It was corporate like. We met with the CEO Mr. Mervin Alexander and we all sat around a big fancy round table with mini flags from all around the world. To say the least, I felt very important. We watched a powerpoint with different statistics about TechnoPark. It was interesting but for me somewhat hard to understand because I'm not very good with business. Next we went to a company called the Software Incubator. They greeted us formally with a flower and paste for a bindi. The social ambiance and hospitality of everyone we have met makes me feel so welcome and not like a stranger at all. There we watched a number of performances done by the workers including a mime performance, a traditional dance performance by the girls, and a fashion show with different dresses and outfits from different states of Kerala. It was all so beautiful and they kept us well-fed! Today we are traveling to Kanyakumari for the weekend. We are going to a temple and were told we need to bathe and also if any women are menstruating they are not allowed to go inside. We will be doing some yoga and swimming where three oceans merge. The Arabian Sea, the Indian Sea, and Bay of Bengal. I will be blogging as soon as I get back since we won't have access to the internet. Ciao for now!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb