Advancing collaborative science


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Kochi
January 5th 2014
Published: January 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

5-9 January 2014

It's great to be back in India; this time for a mix of work and private travel. I arrived ahead of Catherine so that I could do a bit of work. Given my work with CSIRO in the Animal, Food and Health Division, it was a great opportunity to exchange ideas with some rapidly growing companies. Home base was the Crowne Plaza hotel in Maradu for a few days. Well above our normal standard but...

I travelled by taxi or private car to see the facilities of several natural product and biotech companies: Synthite; Camson; Arjuna; and Stirling. Each has their own story to tell, and I'll let them tell it through their websites, but I was very impressed by the scientific sophistication and sense of bigger purpose of these science-based companies. My travels were facilitated by a representation of the Australian Trade Commission. Having a local representative really opens doors. Each company is located outside of Kochi and in the countryside of Kerala. Great to get a little bit of open space, though the traffic is thick and challenging for a long distance around the city - perhaps like everywhere in India.

Catherine arrived in the evening of the 7th so the happy travellers were back together again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb