Day 4: From Kochi to Whispering Waters


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Angamaly
April 9th 2019
Published: April 9th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Kochi to Whispering Waters


After a delicious breakfast at the Casino Hotel we packed our bags, checked out and headed out to the A-team bus for 9.30am and a 2 hour ride to our next destinations; Whispering Waters. Selected by Olivia to ensure that we had a swimming pool in as many hotels as possible. The journey went by without any drama, bar a small crash with a tuk tuk driver who broke one of the side mirrors.

In arrival, we were really excited to find a beautiful hotel right on the river, surrounded by lush vegetation, rubber trees, Jack and Mango trees. With a big old swimming pool, hammocks and games room this is paradise and so hugely excited to be here. The rooms were better than expected and we, yet again, were immediately into the pool!

A lovely lunch by the pool followed with a selection of rice, poppadum's, chicken and fish curry. After lunch we had a short siesta before heading out for our afternoon walk for 3 hours along the river to see the rapids. It was a hot walk and we were thankful for the breeze that came along the river. It seemed to be a bit of an Indian tourist attraction with lots of Indians in the water and going for swims.

We saw some elephant tracks but sadly no sign of the beasts themselves so had to settle for Anoop pointing out a few species of birds. As we were heading back and just before we got the bus the thunder arrived and we just managed to get into the bus before a torrential downpour came, accompanied by lightning and thunder.

Late afternoon was spent chilling in our rooms, watching the rain and then going for an early support and some games of rummy and pass the pigs.

The night finished with a few power cuts and Olivia swapping rooms with Chloe after we got a bit worried about having the kids in a room by themselves. Better safe than sorry.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



10th April 2019

Woweeee
Loving the sound of it all! Sounds like a proper adventure. Took me right back there when I read about the torrential rain! Love the sound of all the places you’re staying at. You’ve done loads already! Love to everyone xxx
12th April 2019

Thanks Tor, we're having a great time. Weather blistering - beautiful views, wildlife and people and staying in some great places. Love to allxxx

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb