Presentation nerves (NH)


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka
January 29th 2013
Published: January 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well, Mangalore comference was definitely an experience, in many ways. We were told that over 3000people had registered at the conference when we arrived on friday! Yikes!
As soon as we got off the bus on friday, we were greeted by our old friend Devdas who has bern in touch with us throughout our trip. We arranged to meet at the conference hall that evening then went to unpack, what by now, are rather humongous suitcases!
It was great to see so many faces we recognised.(hello again to Dr.Hari A Shetty and family from Kushalnagar!) It was amazing how many people we recognised. After a lovely catch up and evening of cultural entertainment, we went back to the club for an early night and final preparations!
By saturday I was nervous about the presentation, lot of people watching, tv screens etc... while waiting to go on we were put on the big screen, just as Tracy was taking a nap!lol it rested my nerves so thanks Tracky!
Shouldnt have been worried. Presentation was good, quite enjoyed it. People clapped at my speech, which was lovely (thank you Rekha) I have been fascinated by the bond that families have here, and that they share such fantastic meals and I think we should bring this back in the UK!
After presentation we went for a deserved Lychee bacardi breezer and a bash on the karaoke!
Needless to say it was a late night Saturday and later morning Sunday. We made up for it with breakfast and brunch and an afternoon shopping!
Nicola xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb