spas in and around bangalore


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka
December 17th 2010
Published: December 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

the windflower spa and resort seems balinese in its design, architecture and layout. the weather in mysore however was a bit hot which attracted flies around its open air dining area. the rooms have a nice view of an inhouse lagoon and cottages on either side. the chamundeswari hill borders the resort and its a nice tucked away kind of getaway with massages, a swim and good food thrown in.

the golden palms, resort and spa is a bit filmy if i may borrow a word from the world of hindi cinema. the lobby was overcrowded since it attracts many conferences and the buffet lunch and dinner were served at their coffee shop. there is a gigantic pool, temperature controlled which is where we spent the entire evening. the golden palms also has a health club, quite organised and expansive where one goes for the massages and workouts. it seems to have branded itself well as the spa destination of bangalore and im sure everyones been there once at least. its off tumkur road and has some innovative packages like lunch and swimming. the stay was pleasant and theres a lot of green all around.

the angsana resort and spa is serene and calm and green. its off yelahanka and belongs to the banyan tree group. its spacious and has several facilities to offer, although the pool may seem a bit minute if youve just been to golden palms. our room had a view of the gardens of the resort and a lounge and kitchen. theres a balcony at the back which overlooks literally nothing but greenery. it was a slightly expensive package compared to the others which could give you the feeling that its a bit overrated.

the manipal county and resort is towards electronic city and set in a similar fashion with cottages everywhere overlooking the hotel greens. the dining hall was quite a walk away and if youre looking at some private time away from the prying eyes of daytime visitors its not the place for you. we did manage to catch a restful weekend although i must add a comment on the bathroom cleanliness.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb