trecking in madikeri


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Madikeri
March 1st 2008
Published: March 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We found the most beautiful guest house here owned by anub a crazy eccentrick owner. Anub took us to his family village out in the forrest, we walked through,rice paddy fields and farmland to a natural spring where we filled up all the water containers. After we went to one of anubs houses and ate dinner, then went for a short treck through the forest to soak up the quitness and relax.

We stayed one night outside of madikeri so we could go trecking, an israili girld ola joined us, the walk was up to the top of some massive hills the view were excellent. After we went to a waterfall and was glad of the cold fresh water to dunp my hot body in. We spent the afternoon trying to charm a rather good looking turkey by making turkey noices, i started to get alarmed when the woman of the guest house had a knife in her hand and was chasing the turkey around and into the house, it was ok though she was just catching it for us so we could have a better look and give it a pat. I was also wondering why she took the cage of 2 budgies in...budgie dippers for tea maybe???? it was ok they reappeared the next morning.

Since being in india i have become somewhat of a vegetarian (apart from a small relapse where i found somewhere that did sunday dinner)theres loads of vegetarian food here as hindus and muslims only really eat chicken and since i love chickens ive adapted to eating vegies and abit of fish here and there.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb