Muthathi and Bheemeshwari, the Kaveri water spots near Bangalore


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Kanakapura
May 13th 2012
Published: May 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

How to go Muthathi from banglaore



Muthathi is about 100 kms from Bangalore via kanakapura. You have to go to Kanakapura first (60+ kms), then from kanakapura to Sathanur (18 kms) on National highway 209, from Sathanur take a left turn to Muthathi (18 kms). Bheemeswari is 5 kms from Muthathi on Halagur Road.



If you are coming from Mysore in Mallavalli road, you have to come to Halagur, from Halagur take a right turn to Bheemeshwari (20 kms), from Bheemeshwari further 5 kms to Muthathi.

Busses are frequent upto Kanakapura, but less frequent from Sathanur to Muthathi. Although one may go by bus, it is better to go by own vehicle, because there are 2-3 picnic spots 2 –3 kms before Muthathi, where you can halt. Besides if you have own vehicle you can halt at hanuman temples on the way and go to bheemeswari (5kms).

What is there to see near Muthathi



Muthathi is surrounded by hills from all sides. While going from Sathanur the road goes down steep with sharp bends from the hills 5 kms before Muthathi and again climbs up steep with hairpin bends after 7 kms on the other side (after 2 kms from Bheemeshwari) towards Halagur.

You will see nice hills view when you are on the hills 5 kms before Muthathi. The trees and environment will look like any hill station. This picture is taken on Sathanur-Muthathi road, 5 kms before Muthathi.



After this hills view, the road will go down sharp to the valley. Thereafter you will find a temple of lord Hanuman, called as Padadhara Anjaneya swami temple. This temple seems to be very popular as most passers by halt at this temple to have darshan of the lord.



After hanuman temple you will find river Kavery on the left and 2 to 3 picnic spots on the river side before reaching Muthathi. If it is a holiday or picnic hour you can see people gathering in the picnic spot. Otherwise you can recognize these picnic spots by seeing pathway going down towards river and paper plates or other such picnic materials thrown here and there.



All these picnic spots before Mthathi and Muthati itself are Kaveray river spots. These are the pictures during summer in May when there is very less water in the river. The granite bed of the river gives very attractive view.



There is another hanuman temple in Muthathi, known as Muthetharaya temple. This temple has some mythological importance. When Devi Sita was taking bath at this place, her nose stud fell down in the river. Hanuman came to the place, found the stud and returned to Sita devi. That’s why Hanuman got the name Muthetharaya here.

It was early May when we went Muthathi this time. Because of summer season, tThere was very less water in the river. We could see the beautiful black granite stones on the river bed and walk over them.

The cows and bull s in Muthathi are very beautiful having extremely long horns (more than 2 feet), pointed and sharp, looking very attractive.



While in Muthathi we saw a crowd carrying some god on their shoulders for visharjan (dipping in water). The god was sitting on a tiger and the crowd was screaming as “Govinda..Govinda..”. They kept the palki near the river and did pooja and visharjan thereafter.



After spending some time in Muthathi we went towards Bheemeshwari. Bheemeshwari is 5 kms from Muthathi. There is also another Hanuman temple called “Rama Anjaneya swami temple” (picture below) on the way and a river spot in front of the temple.



The river Kavery in front of the temple is extremely beautiful (picture below). The temple is on the right side of the road and river is on the left side (while coming from Muthathi). The place is cool and nice to take bath.



After Ramanjaneya temple you have go further for Bheemeshwari. In Bheemeshwari, you will find a temple called BheemaLingeswar Temple (below).



On the other side you will find Bheemeswari Adventure and Nature Camp and Kavery Fishing Camp. They charge 1300/- per person for day trip and much more for night halts. You have to book before hand for the nature and fishing camps.


Food and halting



There is no food (no habitation) in Bheemeswari. Although there is no good hotel in Muthathi, you can find a couple of places to take food. Besides you can get chips and cold drinks here. Sathanur is a bigger place having more places to eat, although none of them is of good standard. Kanakapura gives you many good places to eat.

We took south Indian meals at sathanur which was simple but ok. On the way back we took Masala Dosa on a better looking hotel in Kanakpura, although the taste was just OK.

There is no accommodation available in Muthathi or nearby. However, accommodation is available at Bheemeswari Jungle lodges which is expensive and not worth for people who can return back on the same day.

Summary



Thus we halted at and covered several points around muthathi which include the following.

- hills view 5 kms before muthathi

- Padadhara anjaneya swami temple

- 2 picnic spots before Muthathi

- Muthathi kavery view, the main point

- Ramanjaneya swami temple on Muthathi Bheemeswari road - the kavery view there too

- Bheema Lingeswar temple in Bheemeswari

- Bheemeswari nature camp and Kavery fishing camp (from outside only)

- Hills view 2 kms after Bheemeshwari towards halagur. The road climbs steep on the hills with hairpin bends and gives a beautiful view of the valley (picture below).


Caution and warning



Muthathi like many other Kavery water spots look very calm and quiet. But there are strong water currents in many places and crocodiles too. Although it is very attractive to bath or swim in the river, it is very dangerous to get into the water. Many people loose their lives every year in kavery baths.

Other places around



There are few other places which can be covered on the same day along with Muthathi.

- Sangama, the confluence of river Arkavati and Kavery (40+ kms from Muthathi, 95 kms from Bangalore)

- Mekedatu (45 kms from Muthathi, 100 Kms from Bangalore)

- Chunhi Falls (35 kms from Muthathi, 85 kms from Bangalore)

- Pyramid Valley (55 kms from Muthathi, 50 Kms from Bangalore)

Note: You can read the original article at http://www.travelindia.tk/blog/view/628/muthathi-and-bheemeshwari-the-kaveri-water-spots-about-100-kms-from-bangalore

Advertisement



5th July 2013

Good Info
I have a plan to visit, thanks for suggestion and also valuable info.
12th August 2014

need some info:
cant we go to the spot and choose the adventure games and rafting all by ourselves without booking? is it mandatory to do a booking
13th August 2014

booking adventure games
Hi ramya, We had asked the same question to the guards there. They said you have to book in advance. it is not a crowded place to come and enjoy at any time. They have less boats which go on pre-scheduled time. Their boat goes at some time in morning, visits the island, does fishing etc. It is a full day trip for around 2000 rs per head. I also realized that it is necessary to book in advance. Because if you reach after the boat has left then you cannot go. Besides you may not like to reach in morning (before the boat leaves) unless you are sure that there is a seat available for you.
18th September 2014

365hops
Hey nice blog. Bheemeshwari is best for day outings. There are so many activies to indulge in and enjoy with family and friends. http://www.365hops.com/social/event_detail.php?eventid=VkZod1JtVm5QVDA9
17th June 2015

get free property details at out site
bangalore is one of the most desirable locations in the world . very interesting and attractive blog and post.. i likes it.. see Gruhkhoj Property Portal
28th December 2015

Sacred place of sita
It's wonderful place to visit with family
21st July 2017

http://dindiresort.in/
Awesome, Thank you so much for sharing such an awesome blog... dindi resorts dindi resort in konaseema dindi resorts in coastal andhra palavelli resorts

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb