Bannerghatta National park evolved and emerged as one of the best practiced Ecotourism place in India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Bannerghatta
November 30th 2019
Published: November 30th 2019
Edit Blog Post

I have witnessed the evolving phases of Bannerghatta National Park related to practising of ecotourism principles since more than a decade. Indeed to appreciate about Karnataka Forest Department and State Tourism Department both have contributed extensively in maintaining and developing the park.

During year 2007 there were some adherence to ecotourism practices at the park which was like a precedent and case study to other parks and researchers. I have noted in my recent visit to this place that the stakeholders are enormously committed to follow ecotourism practices. There are many Tourism products to see at one place viz. National Wildlife park, Zoo, Butterfly park, food zone with local Chennapatna toys, horse ride and fun rides for kids.

The following practices at the park are remarkably appreciated:

1. Employment to many local young ladies as Baggi drivers, guide at the zoo.
2. Thorough control check at entrance for zero plastics in the park.
3. Crowd Management having a control on carrying capacity.
4. Adoption of animals at zoo by philanthropist.
5. PPP model of management.
6. Entry combo package for bus Safari and zoo
7. Vehicle Management
8. Continuous improvement of the place, etc.

‌The only concern is the tourists' apathetic behaviour to maintain cleanliness at the food zones which spoils the ambience of the place. Shops run by local people should be considered for crowd management practices.

‌Being a scholar studying Ecotourism practices, I must say that this place has evolved extensively and impressively. A must visit in Bangalore, India.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb