The PLUS Pod


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Bangalore
January 12th 2014
Published: January 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

I am loving my time at the 40K plus pod here in Maralakunte. As many of you know, I have had trouble interacting with children in the past. I am loving it here though. The kids are lovely, enthusiastic and well behaved.

Pod time consists of the welcome song, and 2 sessions of 15 minutes on the tablets. These are broken up with "Brain Breaks" where we play games, such as Bullrush, Stuck in the Mud, Bang and Simon Says. Finally there is a 15 minute session of spoken English, where we generally break up into smaller groups to help the kids with conversational English.

40K is in the process of upgrading its curriculum and delivery method, changing it into a fully interactive app, which is very exciting!

Once again, please consider donating to 40K, to help these pods keep running until a totally financially sustainable business model can be implemented. The new interactive app is going to be amazing, but it is also a huge capital expenditure. Even five bucks makes a difference here!

Also, feel free to comment on these posts. I'd love to hear your thoughts and impressions. Any requests for a blog about a particular aspect of life here is also welcome!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



14th January 2014

Well done
Well done sus! I like the brevity of your posts, and you're really conveying the essence of what you're doing. Keep up the great work my love! PS Will make a donation today....
14th January 2014

So many questions!
Shwee, How may pods are currently up & running & self-funding in that area? The kids are obviously young. What is the target age group & are there facilities / opportunities for senior school students? Do kids do sport after school? Is the pods part of school or extra curricular? Will post some more Q's later.....
14th January 2014

Keep on making the time exciting and interesting for the children Sheree!!...you are a true winner!!!...enjoy all...even the rickshaw rides!!!

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb