Lingshed: rest day and shower


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Jammu & Kashmir » Ladakh
October 22nd 2013
Published: October 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Finally a rest day.

It is great to stop for a day after all the walking. There is a beautiful Gompa in Lingshed. We went to the Puja (prayers) and there was a very funny monk. Nadja took a great picture of him, but I do not have her pictures here, we'll have to wait for her to come back from India...

We thought to go "downtown" for lunch... But in this tiny village there is of course no restaurant. But we were kindly invited into a private house and were offered a lunch. When we asked to pay, we were told the price was up to us. That's really the spirit of Ladakh, compared to our trip in the other parts of India, people here are much less after your money, it's very relaxed. People are honestly kind.

After our lunch we went to a nunnery. In fact we're more used to see monasteries for man, but there are also many nunneries in Ladakh, they are more sober, but the nuns were very friendly. We were offered some tea and cookies and we learned our first words of Ladakhi!.

At the end of the day, before the sun disappeared we took our first "shower" since the beginning of the trek. In fact since we left Leh we haven't had a real shower and it won't be before Manali in 3 weeks that we will see a shower again. So to wash we have to improvise with the water hoses, rivers, brook or buckets we come across the trek.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.281s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 81; dbt: 0.13s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb