So we're going to the field...


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Jammu & Kashmir » Ladakh » Lamayuru
October 15th 2013
Published: October 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We are in Lamayuru!!

Yesterday we finally took a taxi to go to Lamayuru. We were too late for a bus, so we had to take a private taxi. It cost us about 30 euros, a fortune here, but not too expensive for a 3 hour journey in a mini van with exhaust gasses in the cabin.

Everything went smoothly and the driver was kind enough to drive us around the little village of Lamayuru to help us find a hotel/guest house. Lamayuru is not that big but it's on a hill, and as we're still not completely fit and especially with all our bags, it was much easier this way.

We finally settled for a "home stay". It means we stayed in a room of a local family.

We started to spread the word around that we are looking for a donkey man and some donkeys to go to Darcha. But it's harvest season, very nice to see, but all man, donkeys and mules alike have to work! So, while we wait for the word to spread, we went with our host family to see their harvest.



Wel F*** still problems with my hard disk, I lost a bunch of files, but luckily, Nadja took some pictures which I can post here.

I still hope I can solve the problem of that f**** harddisk. Let's keep finger crossed.

It also started to rain again, so although Lamayuru is a wonderful gompa, there is not much to do for now, let's hope we'll find some donkeys quickly....


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0894s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb