Bubbling hot !!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Parvati Valley
June 4th 2008
Published: June 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Beautiful mountain sceneryBeautiful mountain sceneryBeautiful mountain scenery

Manikaran - a small town.
Hello all,

So the Parvati Valley is the mid point of our ascent into the Himalaya's.
This well out of the way small village is built on a natural hot spring so plenty of outside hot baths everywhere. Trouble with this place is there is not a lot to do apart from the obvious of sitting in an outdoor bath.
Anyway we stayed one night then done the off to Manali. Next blog coming up.!

Nic - It wasn't quite as bad as all that, it was a nice place to start to unwind and the temples were nice - It's home to a massive "Sri Guru Nanak Ji Gudwara" that is centred around the main hotspring and both Hindu's and Sikhs come here to worship the shrine.

It's fair to say that there was a distinct aroma here, which you have to get used to.....the rotten egg smell of sulphur!....Ok, you may think, but when the water coming for your shower is directly from the hotsprings and you're washing in the smell...!!!! They say that it's full of healthy, youthful minerals though, so I was tempted to have 7 or 8 of them a day!! Not sure I'd like to eat the rice that they were cooking in the springs either...Rotten egg flavour, mmmm, tasty!

That's about it for here.
xxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Typical lunch...Typical lunch...
Typical lunch...

Lots of Tibetan food around here - Yummy 'momo's' and Soup!
We gave this monkey 10 Rupees...We gave this monkey 10 Rupees...
We gave this monkey 10 Rupees...

...and look what he came back with, even had the manners to grab a napkin..!


16th June 2008

yes guys sounds good this 1 nice 2 relax!! it doesnt have to be all go go u adrenaline junkies lol thats it nic u need 2 relax sometimes glad 2 c u r well
7th August 2008

I was there recently too!
Hi, I recently visited Manaikaran, and even had momo's there! :) I was returning from a hectic trek from Naggar to Malana, in the Parvati Valley, and wrote a blog on it: http://himachalholidays.blogspot.com/ Did you go there too?

Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 30; qc: 111; dbt: 0.1202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb