Foodaholics


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Mcleod Ganj
November 18th 2009
Published: November 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I haven’t really mentioned it so far, but I think for those who really know us well it goes without saying that we are very much enjoying the local culinary delights - food being, for both of us, one of the most enjoyable aspects of travelling (and also when not travelling!). There are so many cafes and restaurants here, and in many respects it is cheaper to eat out than to organize your own meals, so we have had ample opportunity to sample dishes from a range of eateries and by now have also developed our faves (though there are still so many places untried!).

The best snacks are the veg and potato momos (dumplings) you can buy off the street - fried are of course amazing and always win over the steamed option! Dinners at “Gakyi” are fantastic, Hero having just tonight replaced her previous favourite of veg Thupka (noodle soup) with potato momo soup, and Deb and I especially enjoying the veg and tofu fried rice. Breakfast is a tricky one, as usually places with wifi win out, but luckily these places do either divine breakfasts and decent coffee or delicious coffee and decent breakfasts. Café One-Two does possibly the tastiest scrambled tofu in the world, and Moonpeak the best coffee in town. In terms of other beverages, we are all loving the great fruit juices, chai and lassis that are delicious pretty much anywhere you go. Think there’s a fortune to be had out of a decent hot chocolate, however… Overall, Tibetan food is pretty darn yummy, and though we haven’t really made use of them, it’s also nice to have other cuisines on offer too, such as Indian and Chinese.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb