Mountains, Mountains, Everywhere...


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Manali
May 2nd 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Viev From My WIndowViev From My WIndowViev From My WIndow

Now yu undersand why it was easy to spend two weeks here!
Still living on cloud nine here in Ubud, Bali. Loaded these pictures back in Delhi about three weeks ago and have finally caught up with the blog. Not many stories to tell from the mountains of India. Spent a little over two weeks in a small village called Vashisht. Sleeping in a small family guest house, waking to find views of the Himalayas in all directions, blooming apple trees and mustard seed plants covering the valley, villagers going about their everyday tasks, ranging from washing laundry to bathing in the local hot springs to feeding the cows. It is a very peaceful spot in the world and provided the perfect place for me to relax, reflect and enjoy my remaining time in India. I'll leave it at that and let the photos do the work...




Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

My Little BuddyMy Little Buddy
My Little Buddy

This was the owner's son from our local chill out spot.
Clothes Drying in the SunClothes Drying in the Sun
Clothes Drying in the Sun

Just really liked this for a photo.
Sunset In VashishtSunset In Vashisht
Sunset In Vashisht

Look how great the color in the sky were that night.
One of the GodsOne of the Gods
One of the Gods

Now the Gods appeared to be large wooden cases covered with beautiful cloth tapestry, and amazing colors, there were four or five in total. During the festival the locals move the gods from one temple to another.
My Room in VashishtMy Room in Vashisht
My Room in Vashisht

Thats my backpack sitting right next to my small tandoori stove. Made lots of chai and ginger, lemon, honey on that baby.
Dex Playing With The DogsDex Playing With The Dogs
Dex Playing With The Dogs

The big black dog walked with us for over an hour, stopping with us at a few stores along the way.
Laundry TimeLaundry Time
Laundry Time

There were hot springs in town, so all the locals come there to wash their laundry. They use their feet to wash heavy woolen blankets.
My NeighborsMy Neighbors
My Neighbors

These were the healthiest cows I've seen in India.
Thai Food n India...Thai Food n India...
Thai Food n India...

Dex and I went here for thai curry because our boys from Idaho (random, I know) recommended it.
Walking Through Old ManaliWalking Through Old Manali
Walking Through Old Manali

Someone told me the yellow folowers are mustard seed.
Tools For Sale...Tools For Sale...
Tools For Sale...

Locals bring handmade tols from the mountains to sell in Manali.
Valley From Om's VillageValley From Om's Village
Valley From Om's Village

Spent two days staying at my friend Om's village for a local festival, this was the view into the valley.
Apple Trees Blossoming in VashishtApple Trees Blossoming in Vashisht
Apple Trees Blossoming in Vashisht

When I got to town all the trees where bare, but by the time I left I got to see all sides off the valley covered with flowering apple trees.
View From The PorchView From The Porch
View From The Porch

Look how blue the sky was on my last day in town. The weather was perfect almost everyday I was there.


3rd May 2007

Looks like a village in a novel!!Perfect scenery
6th May 2007

WTF?
no pics of old indian women drinking from a fresh stream of horse urine???
12th May 2007

thanks for the flowers
The apple blossoms are beautiful and I'm enjoying the cherry blossoms in NY right now. Beauty can be found in nature everywhere.

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.1046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb